I'd love to hear from you

email me at charliesewingvintage@googlemail.com

Thursday 8 July 2010

So pleased

If you've been reading this blog for the last few weeks you'll know that I've been attending night school to learn how to design and draft patterns for myself. In the first few weeks I designed this:


So tonight after many weeks of drawing endless amounts of seam allowances I give you:



So let me tell you that I am really very chuffed to bits with this. For starters it fits like a glove - no really it does. And secondly it looks like I envisaged it and thirdly it has a beautiful dusky pink satin lining too - I know, I know it's very remiss of me to not show it but I forgot to photograph it so you'll just have to take my word for it.

As a fitting finale to the course my wonderful tutor Maria arranged for a night out for all her students in our finished garments. What a well-dressed bunch we were too! Having been quite ill this week and last I was still covering the buttons a mere two hours before we met up and at that point I realised that I hadn't made a belt (doh!) so I whipped up the belt in a mere twenty minutes with just half an hour left before I had to leave. I think I have issues in respect of leaving everything to the last minute. 

Anyway I think it's good enough for tea on the lawn at four - what do you think darhlinks?

11 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on this dress. When I saw your "I'm going to..." post I thought that the dress looked a little like a 1950's girl scout uniform. I admit it, I WAS WRONG. Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha thanks Ellie! That's made me giggle - I've just been looking at my original design again with a 'huh? head on the side' kind of re-examination and by golly you're right it does look like a 50s scout uniform!! Thank goodness I didn't do it in khaki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The fabric is lovely, and so retro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! this is so amazing that you designed this! It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Charlie! I am sure you look as beautiful in it as its creation as made you happy. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. compliments, your doing much better than me, just luv this dress.
    hugs
    joan in itay

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, how clever are you! Are you going to show us a picture of you wearing your creation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great dress! How clever are you! Are we going to see pictures of you wearing it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, Charlie. I love the fabric and the wide belt. I'm with Lynne ... are we going to see a picture of you in your wonderful creation?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tea dress. great job.

    ReplyDelete