I'd love to hear from you

email me at charliesewingvintage@googlemail.com

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Yummy toolkit and other sensory matters...

My pops asked me what I'd like for my birthday and I asked for this sewing box - thanks Dad! It makes such a difference to have a purpose made box - my tailor's chalk for instance was always getting crushed in my old box (a hardware store plastic toolbox). As you can see this has loads of draws and deep storage for all my threads. I can now find everything as soon as I need it. But the very best thing about it - apart from the fact that it matches the decor of my work room perfectly is the smell - newly cut pine. Mmmmmm. Sewing is such a sensory activity I think... all the smells, the touch of the various fabrics and then the hum of rattle of the various machines not to mention the sound of shears cutting fabric - I digress!

No comments:

Post a Comment