I'd love to hear from you

email me at charliesewingvintage@googlemail.com

Sunday 21 March 2010

Being prolific

Having sewn the Marilyn skirt to the bodice I have freed up my dressmaking form and have been able to take some more photos for the blog. So here's the pencil skirt I made a couple of weeks back. I'm really pleased with this skirt in so far as it's the first item that I've ever undertaken and completed in just one day. It's a very simple skirt and easy to make. Next time I will make it a little smaller (yes Gertie I should have made a muslin too! ) but for such a simple garment I thought I could get away with it and it's not a big deal.

The completion of this skirt marked another milestone in my dressmaking journey because it was at this point (having completed the skirt quickly but to a good standard) that I decided I would start to sell my wares on Etsy. Why? Well- why not? I'm not trying to start an empire but this represented just one more challenge. I mean I can create to my own standards but I wanted to push myself further - could I meet someone else's (potentially more) exacting standards? Well we shall see.

Oh and check out my labels - just a nice finishing touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment